Tenant Fees (for tenancies signed on or after 1st June 2019)
Letting costs (Housing Act 1988 (as amended) – Assured Shorthold Tenancy)
In addition to paying the rent – as stipulated in the tenancy agreement – you will be required to make the following payments:
1. Before the tenancy starts:
- a Holding Deposit equivalent to 1 week’s rent (calculated as 1 months’ rent x 12 months / 52 weeks)
- a Security Deposit equivalent to 5 weeks’ rent (calculated as 1 months’ rent x 12 months / 52 weeks x 5 weeks)
- During the tenancy:
- £50 including VAT if the tenancy agreement is changed at your request
- interest on the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England base rate
- Locksmith’s charges (plus VAT if applicable) for any reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
- Should you need to terminate your tenancy early:
- any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
- Landlord’s reasonable costs for re letting the property should a new tenant move in prior to the end of the original tenant’s agreement (this cost will be as per the landlord fee schedule which is available upon request)
On early termination of the tenancy, the tenant will remain liable for rent and all utilities until such time that a new tenancy supersedes theirs.
All these payments should be made to the Landlord’s Agent – Fothergill Wyatt Limited.
- During the tenancy, directly to the provider
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite (if permitted and applicable)
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
- Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages
Non-Housing Act Tenancies will incur a different scale of costs which are available on request.
Tenant Protection Information
Client Money Protection is provided by RICS.
Independent Redress is provided by The Property Ombudsman.
To find out more information regarding these, see details on the Fothergill Wyatt’s website or by contacting us directly.
All deposits for properties fully managed by the agent are protected with the Custodial Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
Tenant Fees (Existing Tenancies and all Assured Tenancies)
Before you move in:
Application Fee for a Sole Applicant £175 exc VAT (£210 inc VAT)
Referencing (identity, immigration and visa confirmation, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers/ landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability) as well as contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and arranging the tenancy and agreement
Additional Tenant Application Fee £75 exc VAT (£90 inc VAT)
Processing the application, associated paperwork and referencing
Guarantee Fee £0 for 1st Guarantor, £75 exc VAT
(£90 inc VAT) thereafter
Covering credit referencing and preparing a Deed of Guarantee as part of the Tenancy Agreement
Pet Deposit Returnable additional Security Deposit of £250
Subject to Landlord’s discretion. This is to cover the added risk of property damage. This will be protected with your security deposit with the TDS (a Government approved scheme) and may be returned at the end of your tenancy, if no damage is caused.
During your tenancy:
Tenancy Amendment Fee £120 exc VAT (£144 inc VAT)
Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy and agreement where changes are solely at request of or for the benefit of the tenant e.g. adding an additional tenant or pet (Tenants are legally obliged to make the Agent/ Landlord aware of such changes)
Renewal Fee £60 exc VAT (£72 inc VAT)
Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy and agreement where both parties are requesting this and the total fee (£144 inc VAT) is split between the Landlord and Tenant
Other Fees and Charges:
Out of Hours Service £42 exc VAT (£50.40 inc VAT) plus actual costs incurred for labour and parts
Where actions of the Tenants result in the Agent (or nominated Contractor) attending the property out
of hours for a non- emergency. Hourly rate for labour dependent on engineer required.
Unpaid Rent £25 exc VAT (£30 inc VAT) per Arrears Letter
First letter to be sent if rent is 3 working days late, subsequent letters sent after a further 7 working days
If you have any questions on our fees, please ask a member of staff