A delightful, charming one bedroom cottage located within a courtyard setting off South Knighton Road in this popular leafy suburb. The property has excellent access to the city centre and train station via London Road and motorway network as well as having a wealth of amenities nearby including local shops on Knighton Church Road and Queens Road.
The property is Council Tax Band A and EPC rating C.
Available beginning of December.
- Popular South Knighton location
- Charming Cottage
- Kitchen Diner
- Spacious Double Bedroom
- Modern Bathroom
- Decked Outdoor Space
- Fully Double Glazed
This picturesque, mid terraced property was originally built to provide accommodation for the staff from one of the grand local houses and has been sympathetically modernised to provide all the necessary home comforts whilst retaining its character.
The property is set back from the road, behind another row of terraced houses and therefore provides a peaceful location.
It’s location in the heart of South Knighton is particularly desirable as it is within walking distance of essential local amenities including shops and schools, but is also well placed for access to the City Centre and train station via London Road, as well as a short commute from the M1/ M69 motorway junction.
The accommodation briefly comprises:
* Low maintenance Decked Garden to the front of the property (please note there is a pathway between the house and the decking for access to number 5 and 6 Egerton Houses)
* Lounge with recessed built- in cupboard housing the meters and built- in shelving, as well as a decorative tiled recessed fireplace
* Kitchen Diner furnished with a range of wall and base units, and built- in shelving, electric double oven and hob.
* Double Bedroom with built- in wardrobe.
* Spacious Bathroom furnished with a contemporary white three piece suite, including bath with rainfall shower overhead and a spacious airing cupboard
* Paved Patio area to the rear, with brick built outhouses providing useful storage space
The property benefits from gas central heating, via a combi boiler and UPVC double glazing throughout.
Viewings are to be strictly by appointment only with Fothergill Wyatt on 0116 270 5900. Alternatively, further details can be found on the website and you can register with us at www.fothergillwyatt.com
Permitted Payments To The Agent
Letting costs (Housing Act 1988 (as amended) Assured Shorthold Tenancy)
In addition to paying the rent – as stipulated in the tenancy agreement – you will be required to make the following payments:
1.Before the tenancy starts:
– Holding Deposit of £167.00 (equivalent to 1 week’s rent calculated as 1 months’ rent x 12 months / 52 weeks)
– Deposit: £836.00 (equivalent to 5 weeks’ rent calculated as 1 months’ rent x 12 months / 52 weeks x 5 weeks)
2.During the tenancy:
– £50 including VAT if the tenancy agreement is changed at your request
– Interest on the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England base rate
– Locksmith’s charges (plus VAT if applicable) for any reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
3.Should you need to terminate your tenancy early:
– Any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
– Landlord’s reasonable costs for re letting the property should a new tenant move in prior to the end of the original tenant’s agreement (this cost will be as per the landlord fee schedule which is available upon request)
. – Please note:
On early termination of the tenancy, the tenant will remain liable for rent and all utilities until such time that a new tenancy supersedes theirs.
All these payments should be made to the Landlord’s Agent – Fothergill Wyatt Limited.
4.During the tenancy, directly to the provider:
– Utilities – gas, electricity, water
– Communications – telephone and broadband
– Installation of cable/satellite (if permitted and applicable)
– Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
– Television licence
– Council Tax
– Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Non-Housing Act Tenancies will incur a different scale of costs which are available on request.
Tenant Protection Information
Client Money Protection is provided by RICS.
Independent Redress is provided by The Property Ombudsman.
To find out more information regarding these, see details on the Fothergill Wyatt’s website or by contacting us directly.
All deposits for properties fully managed by the agent are protected with the Custodial Tenancy Deposit Scheme.