Retaining a wealth of character and charm with contemporary finishes is this delightful two bedroom apartment within the heart of Leicester City Centre. Located within the old Barclays Bank, the apartment offers open plan living with a light airy hallway, large open living kitchen, with built in appliances, two double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes and modern bathroom. The development benefits from secure bicycle storage, CCTV and a mobile phone linked intercom system. Boasting a prime location sitting amongst a plethora of amenities such as the Highcross Shopping Centre, Showcase Cinema de Lux, the cultural quarter with clubs, bars, restaurants, Curve Theatre, Phoenix Arts Centre, parks, gardens, gymnasiums and Leicester Station providing fast and frequent trains to London St Pancras (around 1 hour) and Birmingham New Street (around 45 mins) the property would prove ideal for first time buyers, investment or for those looking to downsize to a central location.
Residing above the historic, Grade II listed, former Barclays Bank, this light and spacious apartment is ideally situated within walking distance of the Highcross shopping centre, offering a wide range of shops and restaurants, the famous Leicester outdoor market and food hall, and close to attractions such as the Cathedral, Guild Hall and New Walk museums, as well as Leicester’s popular sporting venues. Nestled within an exclusive new development in the heart of the City Centre, this beautifully finished two bedroom apartment offers the highest levels of both style and convenience.
Spread over four floors, each served by both a lift and well-proportioned staircase, the flats are easily accessible. The development benefits from a secure entrance system, with CCTV offering security and peace of mind and the flats are all ready to connect to ‘ultra fast fibre broadband’ via the box already installed.
Although the property does not have onsite parking available, due to it’s central location, there is parking in nearby car parks on Dover St and long term parking can be secured from £80 to £120 per month.
Each apartment is tastefully decorated throughout in neutral tones, with plush grey carpets to the bedrooms and living areas and practical, yet attractive dark wood effect Karndean flooring to the bathrooms and kitchen areas.
Within apartment 8, the accommodation briefly comprises:
•Access via a high-quality entrance door with spy hole and chrome flat number and door furniture
•Light airy hallway leading to a large, open plan contemporary living kitchen area. The kitchen is furnished with a range of white, high gloss wall and base units and comes with all the essential appliances, including a Bosch electric oven, ceramic hob and extractor fan, a full-size dishwasher and a Kenwood 50/50 fridge-freezer.
•Two spacious, double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes and plush grey carpets
•Modern bathroom furnished with a white, three-piece bathroom suite, including a bath with a thermostatic Briston bar shower overhead, a wash hand basin with vanity unit and a closed coupled WC.
**Initial Virtual video tour available to request** Viewings are to be strictly by appointment only with Fothergill Wyatt on 0116 270 5900. Alternatively, further details can be found on the website and you can register with us at www.fothergillwyatt.com
Permitted payments to the agent
Letting costs (Housing Act 1988 (as amended) Assured Shorthold Tenancy)
In addition to paying the rent – as stipulated in the tenancy agreement – you will be required to make the following payments:
1.Before the tenancy starts:
– Holding Deposit of £190 (equivalent to 1 week’s rent calculated as 1 months’ rent x 12 months / 52 weeks)
– Deposit: £951 (equivalent to 5 week’s rent calculated as 1 months’ rent x 12 months / 52 weeks x 5)
2.During the tenancy:
– £50 including VAT if the tenancy agreement is changed at your request
– Interest on the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England base rate
– Locksmith’s charges (plus VAT if applicable) for any reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
3.Should you need to terminate your tenancy early:
– Any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
– Landlord’s reasonable costs for re letting the property should a new tenant move in prior to the end of the original tenant’s agreement (this cost will be as per the landlord fee schedule which is available upon request)
All these payments should be made to the Landlord’s Agent – Fothergill Wyatt Limited.
4.During the tenancy, directly to the provider:
– Utilities – gas, electricity, water
– Communications – telephone and broadband
– Installation of cable/satellite (if permitted and applicable)
– Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
– Television licence
– Council Tax
– Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Non-Housing Act Tenancies will incur a different scale of costs which are available on request.
Tenant protection information
Client Money Protection is provided by RICS.
Independent Redress is provided by The Property Ombudsman.
To find out more information regarding these, see details on the Fothergill Wyatt’s website or by contacting us directly.
All deposits for properties fully managed by the agent are protected with the Custodial Tenancy Deposit Scheme